Welcome to the Skims website, skims.com (the “Site”). The Site is operated by Skims Body, Inc. (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” “our”). By accessing or using our Site you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”), regardless of whether you are a registered user of the Site. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, then do not use the Site.
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN, AMONG OTHER THINGS, AN ARBITRATION PROVISION CONTAINING A CLASS ACTION WAIVER. PLEASE READ THE MISCELLANEOUS SECTION BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
These Terms of Service are effective as of the date posted above and we will not be bound by any additional or different terms or other documents that are inconsistent with these Terms of Service. Company may modify or update these Terms of Service at any time by posting the amended terms on the Site and such terms shall be effective for all use of the Site and Services (as defined below) once they are posted. Your continued access to the Site and/or use of the Site or the Services provided on the Site following the posting of any additional or different terms in the Terms of Service constitutes your acceptance of those additional or different terms. Company, in its sole discretion, may also add, delete or change some or all of the features of the Site or Company’s Services at any time.
As used herein, “User” or “Users” means anyone who accesses and/or uses the Site.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES
2. COLLECTION OF CUSTOMER DATA
If you wish to purchase products from the Site or obtain information regarding the Services, we or our e-commerce provider will obtain contact and payment information from you (“Customer Data”). Certain payment and processing options may direct you away from the Site to a third-party site.
By providing Customer Data, you agree: (i) to these Terms of Service; (ii) to provide true, accurate, current and complete Customer Data; (iii) to maintain and promptly update the Customer Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; (iv) for security reasons, to maintain the confidentiality of Customer Data; (v) to ensure that you properly exit from your account at the end of each session and to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security; and (vi) to take full responsibility for all activities that occur under any customer account created for your use.
Company is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the foregoing requirements. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or to which you do not have rights, or if Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services.
This Site is intended solely for Users who are at least 16 years of age or older, and any registration by, use of or access to the Site by anyone who is not at least 16 years of age is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these Terms of Service. By using the Services or the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 16 years of age or older, and that you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service.
If you violate any of these Terms of Service, or otherwise violate an agreement between you and us, or for any other reason, the Company may terminate your registration and any content or information that you have posted on the Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Services or the Site (or any portion, aspect or feature of the Services or the Site), at any time in its sole discretion. You agree that the Company will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your membership, account, or use of or access to the Site or the Services.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
Company retains all right, title and interest in and to the Services, as well as all data, information, content and materials provided on the Services. Company further retains all right, title and interest in and to the business processes, procedures, methods and techniques used within the Services and all patent rights, copyright rights, trademark rights, trade secret rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein existing anywhere in the world (“Intellectual Property”) to such Services. All content on the Site, including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the “Site Content”), are our proprietary property with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms of Service shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
8. PROHIBITED CONDUCT
You agree to use the Site and Services only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms of Service and any applicable laws, rules and regulations.
You may not:
- use the Site or the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or the Services, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, the Services, or the devices, computer systems or networks connected to the Site or the Services through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site or the Services any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site or the Services any content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the permission of the owner to post such content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site or the Services any materials that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements, or anything else prohibited by law;